MENU ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE DUE TO PRODUCT AVAILABILITY AND OR SUBSTITUTIONS.PLEASE CHECK WITH CAFETERIA MANAGER FOR SPECIFIC PRODUCT INFORMATION. THANK YOU
******Food & Nutrition Services News*******
Posted on September 9, 2020
The U.S. Department of Agriculture extended waivers allowing students a breakfast and lunch option available at no cost. The meals available at no cost are the posted school lunch and breakfast menu. A la carte items are not included as part of the no cost meals. A la carte items will continue to be available for purchase. Meals are also available for pick-up at all schools for anyone 18 years old or younger. Meals available for pick-up are modified for safety and may not reflect the menu served in the cafeteria. It is preferred that children are present for meal pick-up. If the child/student is not with the parent for meal pick up, USDA requires a form of ID. Valid forms of identification may include, but are not limited to, school identification card, child’s passport, government-issued child identification card, or any document proving parent/guardian identity and relationship to the child, such as an adoption decree; doctor, clinic, or hospital record; religious record; or daycare center record.
Meal pick-up times are as follows:
Patriot Oaks Academy: 9 – 9:30 am Kitchen/Central receiving area
The program will begin on September 10, 2020. The longevity of this extension is dependent on funding.
Chargers Café 2020-2021:
What health and safety protocols will be in place during lunch?
a. Hand washing will be encouraged before and after lunch.
b. Hand sanitizer will be available before and after lunch.
c. Masks will be worn when not eating.
d. Tables will be separated 3 to 6 feet where possible.
e. Alternative seating areas will be utilized to promote social distancing.
f. Additional strategies may be in place to support health and safety.
- HOW DO THE STUDENTS ACCESS THEIR MEAL ACCOUNT AT THE SCHOOL? All students will receive a personal identification number (PIN) (3 to 5 digits number) for their meal account. A user card will be printed for each student until they get their school ID card (Fall)
- MENU Menus can be found on MealViewer.com. Menu cycles every two weeks
- PREPAYMENT FOR FOOD ITEMS Prepayments to your child’s meal account with your VISA, MasterCard, or Discover credit card can be made. Log onto PayPAMS. Payment can also be received by the Food Service Manager in form of check or cash.
- FOOD ALLERGIES If your child has food allergies, please provide the school nurse with a physician’s note indicating the allergies and the appropriate substitutions that are recommended by the physician or medical authority.
- À LA CARTE ITEMS Patriot Oaks Academy provides extra à la Carte items, such as ice cream, baked chips, fruit juice, water bottle in addition to many specialty items. These items range in price from $.70 to $2.25 and are not included into the free and reduced price meal program.
- FORGOT YOUR LUNCH MONEY? Although students are to pay for their meal upon receipt, students may forget their lunch or lunch money. Your student will be allowed to charge up to one full lunch. There will be no charging of any à la carte food items to include entrées and snacks.
- FREE AND REDUCED Meal Application can be completed on the School District website or ask for a copy at the Front Office
- ACCOUNT BALANCES, either positive or negative, from the previous school year will roll into the new school year unless a refund has been requested. Balances will also follow your child to another school as long as the school is still in St. Johns County.
- Please keep your child’s lunch account up to date. We will NOT allow any student to charge anything other than lunch. Any monies left in the lunch accounts will roll over to next year. If you have a student that is moving schools, the monies will follow the student as long as you stay within St. Johns County schools. If you need a refund of the money in your child’s lunch account please contact the manager.
- COMMUNICATION WITH THE FOOD SERVICE MANAGER Please feel free to contact if you have any questions, concerns or comments. [email protected] or 904.547.4061
****St. Johns County School District Food and Nutrition Services
****Now Hiring/ Part-Time As Needed (PTAN):
Marie Josee (MJ) Lamarre – Café Manager
Lynda Reilly – Lunch Lady Extraordinaire – Petrina Huber – Lunch Lady Extraordinaire
Sonia Rodas – Lunch Lady Extraordinaire – Carly Geyer – Lunch Lady Extraordinaire
Virginia Krusemark – Lunch Lady Extraordinaire
Michael Anckner – Lunch Gentleman Extraordinaire
– Sabina Ursem – Lunch Lady Extraordinaire